Locust Run UMC will have a potluck meal after worship on Sunday August 18. The meal will start after worship. Please bring your favorite dish to share. We will eat in our picnic pavilion adjacent to the church. All are welcome!
Locust Run UMC will worship at the picnic woods on Sunday July 14. The worship service will start at 10:30 AM. During worship we will celebrate our recent graduates. After worship, we will have a potluck meal. All are welcome. Directions are below.
Directions – Turn onto Locust Run road from William Penn highway. Drive past Pinnacle road. At the intersection of Locust Run road, Wengerd road, and Texas Hollow road, go basically straight onto Texas Hollow road for .3 miles. The picnic woods will be on your left.
Thompsontown and Locust Run United Methodist Churches’ Ash Wednesday service is scheduled for Wednesday March 6. Locust Run will host the service at 7 PM. As part of the service, anyone interested will have the opportunity to have the sign of the cross imposed on their foreheads. After the imposition of ashes, we will celebrate Holy Communion. All are welcome!
- Ash Wednesday – March 6 (7 PM) at Locust Run UMC
- Palm Sunday – April 14 at Thompsontown UMC (9 AM) and Locust Run UMC (10:30 AM)
- Maundy Thursday – April 18 (7 PM) at Thompsontown UMC
- Good Friday Day Camp – April 19 (2 PM – 4:30 PM) at Locust Run UMC
- Good Friday Service – April 19 (7 PM) at Locust Run UMC
- Easter Sunrise Service – April 21 (6:30 AM) at Thompsontown Youth Center
- Easter Day Service – April 21 at Thompsontown UMC (9 AM) and Locust Run UMC (10:30 AM)
On Sunday, January 13, Locust Run and Thompsontown will have a joint worship service. Instead of our normal worship services, we will worship at Thompsontown UMC at 10 AM. The Buffalo Mountain Bluegrass Band will be leading worship. After worship, we will have a potluck dinner in Thompsontown’s fellowship hall. All are welcome!